Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Groundbreaking New Tim Burton Film Features Scissor-Crazed Social Outcast

Sweeney Depp
(click to enlarge)


HOLLYWOOD, CA - Internationally acclaimed director Tim Burton is reportedly putting the finishing touches on his latest film, due out this Christmas.

"Edward Scissors In Hands is a new direction for me and a personal revelation," revealed Burton from the top of his throne of discarded doll heads and chicken bones.

Set in a dark, gothic locale, Scissors In Hands stars Johnny Depp as a crazed social outcast living in an attic with a bunch of sharp shit all over the place. This film marks Depp's acting debut as a barber. A departure from previous works, Scissors In Hands is the first full musical Burton's ever attempted.

"I wanted to shake things up for my newest film," noted Burton. "I wanted to make people think 'Hey, I've never seen Johnny Depp make that face before.' So this time around I changed everything. Johnny usually doesn't sing. So, now I have him singing. Once I tried having scissors attached to Johnny's hands, but this time I decided to just place them in his hand."

"Not having the scissors physically attached to my hands gave me an overwhelming sense of freedom with my character," Depp explained. "Without that physical attachment, you really have to build an emotional attachment to the scissors."

Depp is currently on the set of Burton's newest production, a dark and gothic tale in which a soul-searching Batman ignores a Martian invasion and sets off on a spiritual quest to catch a gigantic fish but he's burdened by the talking gorillas attached to his bat-hands who are at war, making it difficult to hold a fishing pole.

Edward Scissors In Hands opens December 25th in theaters everywhere.

1 comment:

Gambit said...

I love that your blog is back from the dead. Count me as one of the three to seven.